These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter Terms) regulate the ordering of services through the website gratitudeservices.com, belonging to Gratitude Services OÜ, registration code 14824443, address Telliskivi 60/1, 10412 Tallinn, Estonia, phone contact +372 527 4846 (hereinafter Gratitude Services).
The Gratitude Services online environment serves as a convenient tool for ordering maintenance of graves and delivering memorial candles to cemeteries in the locations of providing the service. Orders may be submitted around the clock through gratitudeservices.com website.
Gratitude Services maintains the right to unilaterally change the Terms and service prices. Any changes will be made public on the website gratitudeservices.com.
Gratitude Services OÜ is the data controller with regard to collection of personal data and transmits the personal data necessary for payment processing to data processor Maksekeskus AS.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
The prices as stated are final, in euros, and contain the VAT.
SUBMITTING AN ORDER
- Enter the name of the deceased to whose grave you wish us to tend in the search field. To locate the deceased person, we will query public databases. When you have finalised the search, click on the name of the deceased or the ‘Select’ button. If the name search yielded no results, select the cemetery to which you wish to order the service from the drop-down menu.
- Select the services and add them to cart. If you wish the services to be provided by or on a certain date, you must submit the order at least 10 calendar days before that date.
- If you wish, you may subscribe to Gratitude Services OÜ newsletter.
- Select a suitable payment method – we accept payments via bank link (LHV, Krediidipank, Luminor, Swedbank), Pocopay, and VISA / Mastercard credit cards.
- Then click the button ‘Pay now’; you will be directed to the page of Maksekeskus AS. You will see your order total in euros. Make the payment.
- Once you have made the payment, be sure to click the ‘Back to merchant’ button. If clicking the button directs you back to the Gratitude Services website, your order was successfully transmitted.
- We will send confirmation of receipt to the e-mail address specified in the order. If you do not get an e-mail from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROVISION OF THE SERVICE
The contract for the provision of the service shall enter into force upon the receipt of the order total in the bank account of Gratitude Services OÜ. Once the contract has entered into force, Gratitude Services OÜ is obliged to fulfil your order as described in the Terms and within the deadline.
Delivery of memorial candles
- The burning process of candles depends on the weather and Gratitude Services cannot be liable to ensure that the candle will burn as long as specified on the package. Gratitude Services can assure that that the candle is burning when placed on the grave. We will place the candle(s) on the grave of the deceased as identified by the search, in the most suitable spot (if possible, near the headstone) for the purposes of long burning time or in the spot specified in the order.
- Delivery of the candle(s) ordered may be initiated up to 2 calendar days before the date specified in the order, to ensure the fulfilment of the order by that date at the latest.
- If you have ordered a fir wreath in addition to the candle, we will place it in the most suitable spot in front of the headstone or in the spot specified in the order.
- Gratitude Services does not clean graves in the course of delivering candles, however, when possible, we will remove old disposable candle pots.
- Within 2 business days of the delivery of the candles, Gratitude Services will send a photo of the grave with the burning candle to the e-mail address specified in the order. The service shall be considered to be provided and the order fulfilled, even if Gratitude Services does not manage to send the photos within 2 business days.
Maintenance of graves
- The maintenance service is comprised of: simpler removal of leaves, fallen needles, branches, withered plants etc. from the plot and its sides, cutting of grass, removal of debris (including old candles), and watering flowers and plants in accordance with the service and period specified by the client (one-time maintenance, two visits or a season of visits – 6 times). If the client has specified it in the comments field of the order, we will leave glass candle pots or a specific plant (branches of fir, old heather etc.) on the plot.
- If the client has made a mistake in assessing the size of the plot when placing the order, we will notify them of it by e-mail to the address specified in the order after the provision of the service. If the client ordered maintenance for a plot that is smaller than the ordered size, we will return the excess payment, taking into account the correct size. If the client ordered maintenance for a plot that is larger than the ordered size, we have the right to issue an invoice for the unpaid amount, taking into account the correct size.
- Provision of one-time maintenance is not started earlier than 1 week before the date specified by the client and will be finalised by that date at the latest.
- Maintenance consisting of two visits will be provided in spring (one visit in April or May) and in autumn (one visit in September or October). If the order is submitted later than in May, the first maintenance visit will be made within 2 weeks from the submission of the order.
- The season maintenance service contains 6 single maintenance visits between April and October. The first visit will take place in April or May. If the order is submitted later than in May, the first maintenance visit will be made within 2 weeks from the submission of the order. The remaining 5 visits will be carried out by the end of October, distributed evenly across the remaining time.
- Within 2 business days of a maintenance visit, Gratitude Services will send a photo of the grave before and after the cleaning to the e-mail address specified in the order. The service shall be considered to be provided and the order fulfilled, even if Gratitude Services does not manage to send the photos within 2 business days.
- We will plant the plants in the spot specified by the client (it is possible to insert specific wishes into comments field when submitting the order). If the client does not specify the location, we will plant the plants in the area intended for plants (planting area or memorial vase). If there is no soil on the plot, we will place the flowers in the sand or in front of the headstone in plastic pots.
- The selection of plants depends on season and availability.
Gratitude Services reserves the right to refuse orders due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. location of providing the service (the grave) cannot be found or access to it is hindered) and refund the entire amount paid. If service was refused due to a reason related to the client (e.g. the client provided a false location), costs born to prepare the provision of the service (incl. transport and labour costs) will be deducted from the refunded amount.
The client has the right to cancel the order of candles any time after submitting the order. To do this, send a cancellation request to Gratitude Services OÜ by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 2 calendar days before the beginning of service provision. The entire amount paid for the service will be refunded. If the client fails to send the cancellation request in time but the service has not been provided by the time of the receipt of the request, 50% of the amount will be refunded. If the service has been provided by that time, the client cannot claim any refund.
The client has the right to cancel the order of grave maintenance any time after submitting the order. To do this, send a cancellation request to Gratitude Services OÜ by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The client will be refunded the amount paid for the order but the costs born to provide the service by the time of the cancellation will be deducted. If no maintenance visits have been carried out by the moment of cancellation, Gratitude Services OÜ will refund the entire amount.
In the case of cancellation of two-visit maintenance service after one visit has already taken place, the price of the first maintenance will be deducted from the refunded amount. For an S-size plot, the deducted amount is 25 euros, for an M-size plot – 35 euros, and for an L-size plot – 45 euros.
In the case of cancellation of a season of maintenance service after one visit has already taken place, the price of the first maintenance will be deducted from the refunded amount. For an S-size plot, the deducted amount is 25 euros, for an M-size plot – 35 euros, and for an L-size plot – 45 euros. If the service is cancelled later, the refund will be proportional to the unused part of the service, with a single service fee applied for each visit.
Example of the refund calculation for an S-size plot depending in the number of visits cancelled:
- service provided once, returned amount 90 – 25 = 65 euros;
- service provided twice, returned amount (90 – 25) – (65/5) = 52 euros;
- service provided three times, returned amount (90 – 25) – (13 × 2) = 39 euros;
- service provided four times, returned amount (90 – 25) – (13 × 3) = 26 euros;
- service provided five times, returned amount (90 – 25) – (13 × 4) = 13 euros.
The service shall be considered to be provided and the order fulfilled, even if Gratitude Services does not manage to send the photos within 2 business days.
All matters not regulated in these Terms are governed by the legislative acts of the Republic of Estonia. Differences and disputes shall be settled by way of negotiations. If a dispute arising from the contract cannot be solved through negotiations, the Parties have the right to turn to the Consumer Protection Authority or take the matter to court.
LOCATION OF PROVIDING THE SERVICE
We provide grave maintenance service in 323 cemeteries across Estonia; the list may be consulted here. Candle delivery service without maintenance is provided only in cemeteries with digitised grave location data; the list may be consulted here.
Archive of service terms and conditions is here.